Depression comes in different forms of severity, temporary, mild and major or severe. It is characterized by a lingering feeling of being hopeless, which makes it very difficult for the afflicted individual to sleep, eat, enjoy pleasurable things, work, and study. Clinical depression – the most severe type of depression can affect people with no history of the said disorder, but most often it passes on from generations within a family.
Sadness is different from depression because feelings of sadness due to some unfortunate circumstances in life like the death of a loved one, losing a job, family problems or financial issues usually pass on and people move on. But clinical depression is different because no matter what the person does or what others may do for the person who has depression the feelings of being low without any actual reason persists incessantly.
To know if an individual is indeed suffering from clinical depression psychiatric doctors used the DSM-5 or Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders to determine a case and to be able to come up with a diagnosis and make a prognosis.
The following are some symptoms and signs of clinical depression:
- Has a difficulty in thinking coherent thoughts and concentrating.
- Restless, agitated and anxious
- Unexplained slowness like thinking and speaking.
- Loss of weight because the person is unable to eat.
- Weight gain because food cravings have increased.
- Feelings of being worthless and cannot forget past failures.
- Lacks energy and is often tired that minute movements or tasks need more effort.
- Insomnia or the inability to sleep
- Constant feelings of sadness which occurs for most hours of the day every day.
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide.
- Contemplates self-inflicted harm.
- Irritability, frustration and angry outbursts over little matters.
- Unexplained loss of interest for activities that gives pleasure and contentment (hobbies, watching movies, etc.)
Symptoms which are manifested by individuals affected by clinical depression are very noticeable and must be dealt with appropriately. TMS Health Solutions founded by Dr. Richard Bermudez is a clinical team of experienced clinicians and staff dedicated to giving the best possible treatment and care for clinical depression by using innovative therapy methods.
The clinical team administers effective treatment procedures at TMS therapy Oakland, and in other TMS Health Solutions clinics located in California. Clinical depression is still rather unacceptable within the norms of society, but the personalized care given at TMS therapy Oakland is worth everything.